Explore the Lake Area
Calendar of Events
There are no upcoming events.
Welcome! We hope you’ll take some time to explore the historic and cultural attractions of the Keith County area. Learn more about our local history here. While you’re at it, check out places to stay and places to eat.
- Ash Hollow – Famous stopping point on the Oregon/California Trail
- Boot Hill – The final resting place for cowboys of the 1880s Texas Trail era
- Front Street Crystal Palace Revue – nightly Old West shoot-out and show during the summer
- Little Church, Keystone – Historic church with both Catholic and Protestant altars
- Mansion on the Hill – Our 1887 Victorian home and museum
- Ole’s in Paxton – A collection of over 200 trophy mounts
- Petrified Wood Gallery – A unique collection of ancient woods, art and artifacts
- Spruce Street Station – A 1922 Standard Oil station and summer visitors center
- Tri-Trails Park – Commemorates the historic trails that passed through Ogallala and Keith County,