Explore the Lake Area
Calendar of Events
all-day JULY Activity Calendar – Lake Ma...
JULY Activity Calendar – Lake Ma...
Jun 29 – Jul 31 all-day
Join Park Naturalist Heidi Swanson & NGP staff for these July activities. Programs are at the Lake McConaughy Visitors Center (VC) unless otherwise noted. Please call (308) 284-8800 with any questions. July 23 (Tuesday) Freshwater[...]
We hope you’ll take some time to explore the historic and cultural attractions of the Keith County area. Learn more about our local history here.
- Ash Hollow – Famous stopping point on the Oregon/California Trail
- Boot Hill – The final resting place for cowboys of the 1880s Texas Trail era
- Front Street Crystal Palace Revue – nightly Old West shoot-out and show during the summer
- Little Church, Keystone – Historic church with both Catholic and Protestant altars
- Mansion on the Hill – Our 1887 Victorian home and museum
- Ole’s in Paxton – A collection of over 200 trophy mounts
- Petrified Wood Gallery – A unique collection of ancient woods, art and artifacts
- Spruce Street Station – A 1922 Standard Oil station and summer visitors center
- Tri-Trails Park – Commemorates the historic trails that passed through Ogallala and Keith County