Explore the Lake Area
Calendar of Events
1:00 pm “Oceans of Grass” film at the Pr...
“Oceans of Grass” film at the Pr...
Oct 20 @ 1:00 pm
The new documentary film, “OCEAN OF GRASS-Life on a Nebraska Sandhills Ranch” was created by former Ogallala native Georg Joutras. OCEAN OF GRASS is an organic journey about life rolled up into the ranch experience. [...]
12:00 pm Halloween at the Hollow
Halloween at the Hollow
Oct 27 @ 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Come out to Ash Hollow to celebrate Halloween with the ghosts of the Oregon Trail! Enjoy kid’s games, concessions, archery, crafts, costume contests and more from 12:00pm to 4:00pm. Trunk or Treat starts at 4:00pm[...]
1:30 pm American Girl Halloween Party
American Girl Halloween Party
Oct 27 @ 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
The Keith County Historical Society will host their annual American Girl Halloween Party Saturday, Oct. 27 from 1:30 to 3:00 pm at the Ogallala Holiday Inn Express. Advance tickets only, space is limited. 1 Adult[...]
We hope you’ll take some time to explore the historic and cultural attractions of the Keith County area. Learn more about our local history here.
- Ash Hollow – Famous stopping point on the Oregon/California Trail
- Boot Hill – The final resting place for cowboys of the 1880’s Texas Trail era
- Front Street Crystal Palace Revue – nightly Old West shoot-out and show during the summer
- Little Church, Keystone – Historic church with both Catholic and Protestant altars
- Mansion on the Hill – Our 1887 Victorian home and museum
- Ole’s in Paxton – A collection of over 200 trophy mounts
- Petrified Wood Gallery – A unique collection of ancient woods, art and artifacts
- Spruce Street Station – A 1922 Standard Oil station and summer visitors center
- Tri-Trails Park – Commemorates the historic trails that passed through Ogallala and Keith County