Lake McConaughy News
COVID-19 CAMPING UPDATE:
PLEASE BE AWARE of all current Nebraska Game and Parks camping and beach restrictions that remain in place at Lake McConaughy SRA UNTIL JUNE 4:
• All designated beaches and swimming areas are closed. SWIMMING AND WADING ARE PROHIBITED in all waterfront areas.
• UNTIL JUNE 4, all camping will be RESERVATION ONLY and will be limited to designated campsites at Little Thunder, Lone Eagle, Cedar View and Lake Ogallala East + new basic campsites at Martin Bay, Sandy Beach and Lake Ogallala West. Park offices will be closed so it is advised that visitors obtain park entry permits in advance of arrival by going online to OutdoorNebraska.org.
• Only self-contained recreational vehicles, with factory features that allow them to hold potable water, contain wastewater/sewage and connect to electrical service, will be allowed to reserve a site. TENT CAMPING IS NOT ALLOWED. No beach camping or group camping is allowed.
• No shower houses or modern restrooms will be open at the Lake McConaughy SRA until further notice. A limited number of vault toilets will be open, and all RV dump stations will be open.
• Each campsite will be limited to eight guests, and the length of stay will be limited to seven days.
NGPC is currently conducting major road repairs to Shoreline Road at Lake McConaughy SRA with completion scheduled for late summer. Visitors should expect traffic delays and periodic, temporary closures of parking areas and beach access points. Please, practice safe, defensive driving at construction sites. For the most up to date information on temporary closures relating to road construction, please call the Park Office at 308-284-8800.
Please check the following Nebraska Game and Parks pages for updates, as they will provide the most recent information available on camping, swimming, beach use and other park amenities.
AFTER carefully reading all the information provided on these pages, we would refer you to Nebraska Game and Parks if you have additional questions. NGPC continues to monitor the public health situation closely and work with state and local health officials in their efforts to reduce the spread of the coronavirus disease to their guests, employees and the greater community.
*** Please continue to exercise caution for our small community and its health care resources! As part of the Southwest Nebraska Public Health District (www.swhealth.ne.gov) Keith County remains under a Directed Health Measure through May 31.
A message from the Keith County Visitors Committee, Keith County Commissioners, Keith County Emergency Management, Ogallala Keith County Chamber, Keith County Area Development, City of Ogallala, Lake McConaughy Advisory Group, Southwest Nebraska Public Health Department, Keith County Sheriff’s Office, Ogallala Police Department, and Nebraska State Patrol.
ilovelakemac.com is a visitor website provided by the Keith County Visitors Committee, an independent county tourism group. The Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area is managed by NE Game & Parks.