Keith County Info
⭐️SEE BELOW FOR ANSWERS TO LAKE MAC FAQS!⭐️
• Contact Nebraska State Patrol Dispatch at 308-535-8047 for non-emergency law enforcement issues and monitor weatherband radios or apps like CodeRED for changing weather conditions. Call 911 for emergencies.
• The possession and consumption of alcohol is prohibited at Lake McConaughy and Lake Ogallala State Recreation Areas.
•Nebraska state park entry permits are required for all vehicles. Buy permits online in advance at OutdoorNebraska.org.
• See www.ilovelakemac.com/ogallala/ogallala-lodging/ for local hotel and lodging info. See www. ilovelakemac.com/lake-info/camping/ for local private campgrounds.
• Current water level info is available at https://www.cnppid.com/.
• All pets must be on a 6-foot leash at all times.
• ATVs and UTVs are prohibited at the recreation areas.
• For maps and info on campgrounds, camping areas, swimming and day-use areas, go to ilovelakemac.com/plan-your-visit/camping-lodging, outdoornebraska.gov/lakemcconaughy, and outdoornebraska.gov/lakeogallala.
• Pack out everything you bring with you and leave only your footprints, please! 👣
Check the Nebraska recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/COVID-19-Protect-Yourself-and-Others.aspx, including “Wear a cloth face covering in public (grocery stores, pharmacies etc.) when you can’t stay 6 feet away from others.” Both Safeway and Walmart (Ogallala’s main grocery stores) are requesting the use of face coverings.
Social distancing and group-size recommendations must still be maintained to help ensure compliance with the state’s public health directives amid the COVID-19 health situation. Please remember it’s up to each of us to recreate responsibly for our health and that of our neighbors. #ResponsibleRecreation
• Maintain a 6-foot distance between other guests.
• Follow www.cdc.gov and dhhs.ne.gov guidelines, including wearing a cloth face covering in public (grocery stores, etc.) when you can’t stay 6 feet away from others.
• Pack — and use — hand sanitizer often.
• If you are sick, or have been exposed to someone who is sick with COVID-19, stay home.
ilovelakemac.com is a visitor website provided by the Keith County Visitors Committee, an independent county tourism group. The Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area is managed by NE Game & Parks.